Okay, the rescue wasn’t really all that dramatic. I did a bit of vat dyeing today. When I came down to the basement, I had some little toads staring at me through the window wells. we’ve had rain of biblical proportions the past few weeks and these little guys got washed through the grates. It seems to happen every time we have really heavy rains here.
I finally used a great silk screen that I made at a workshop with the fabulous Barbara Schneider (I love her workshops!). The effect was made by dribbling the design goop and letting it drip. I love the effect. Here it is on some hand dyed fabric. I’ll be using this for my latest cave piece:
and here’s a scarf I screened vat dye on while I was at it:
It’s all one screen, but different colors.
Another layer tomorrow!